Fingerprints are the impression of your fingertips. Each finger has a fingerprint. Every fingerprint is different from every other fingerprint. your fingerprints will never change. No one else has fingerprints like you.
Uses of fingerprints
Fingerprints enable us to identify a person. People who are uneducated do not know how to sign documents. Thumb fingerprints were used as an identity instead of signatures. Fingerprints can help the police to identify a criminal.
Patterns of fingerprints
There are some common patterns in people’s fingerprints. The three common patterns are
- whorl pattern
- arch pattern
- loop pattern
Let’s do some fingerprint activity to understand better
Fingerprint apple tree activity
Things you will need
- Chart paper
- Brown, green, and red paint
- Dip the side of your hand in brown paint.
- Stamp it on the paper. That’s the trunk.
- Dip your index finger in green paint.
- Stamp it lots of times on the paper. Those are your leaves.
- Dip your little fingers in red paint.
- Stamp it lightly on the paper. Those are your apples.
This is a fun activity for kids to play with their fingers and paint. They can see their fingerprints differs from others.
Read More: 3 Fun Paper Activity for kindergarten kids
Fingerprint detective activity
Things you will need
- A sheet of paper.
- stamp pad or paint.
- Ask five of your friends or family members to place their thumb fingerprints on two sheets of paper.
- In one sheet name them according to their fingerprints.
- Now match the other sheet with the named fingerprints.
- Find the same fingerprints that match the other.
The fingerprint detective game is a fun activity for kids. They can see the different fingerprints each one has.
Common fun fingerprint activity
- You can also make a fingerprint butterfly, fruits, vegetables, and so on.
- A fun counting activity can be done using your fingers. To count five ask your kid to dip the finger in paint and place their fingers five times.
- Greeting cards can be made.
Worksheets for fingerprint activity
Click here to download the free printable worksheets