By teaching the signification of the body parts, kids know how to accept their body as such and to maintain their body in a good way. These are the three activities for kids to know and explore about the part’s body.
Activity 1 – Worksheet Activity on Body parts
We must always keep our body parts clean. Read the activities given below. Put a tick if you do them every day or wrong if you do not. You can also add other activities if you like.
- Brushing your teeth twice a day.
- Washing your face every morning.
- Washing your legs after coming home from school.
- Taking a bath twice a day.
- Washing your hands before and after eating food.
- Cutting your nails once a week.
- Combing your hair every day.
- Biting and chewing the food properly while eating.
Write on a sheet of paper or print it out and stick it in your kid’s room. Ask them to mark the point every day as they do them. Encourage your kid to do the activity and greet them with some gifts if they do them well.
Activity 2 – Newspaper Activity
From newspapers and magazines, collect pictures of various activities done using your hands (eating, throwing a ball, writing) and legs ( walking, running, jumping) and paste them into your scrapbook. This is a simple activity for kids to know the uses of their body parts.
Activity 3 – Making a Greeting Card
- Take a chart paper 30cm long and 20cm wide.
- Fold it in half.
- Place your palm on the folded half and outline your palm.
- Cut out the shape of your palm. You may take the help of elders. Draw and colour it using your favourite colours and paste some pictures.
Your greeting card is now ready. Write a message inside the card.