Flashcard is a small card containing information like words, pictures, and numbers used as a teaching tool. Information on the cards can be printed on both sides or one side. Sometimes the questions are printed on one side and the answers are printed on the other side. Let’s see how to make flashcards.
How to make flashcards?
Flashcards are readily available in stores and online. You can also make them of your own.
- Take a piece of chart paper and cut them into even small sheets. Write the information on the cards like letters, words, numbers, and pictures. Your flashcards are ready to use.
- Take the printout of the readily made worksheets and stick them on chart paper. Cut them according to the size given. Your flashcards are ready.
Do check our free printable flashcard worksheets and make use of them.
Do flashcards help kids to learn?
In my point of view, flashcards can be used to practice what kids have learned before. Just by seeing the cards, kids memorize the words, pictures, or information given on the cards. First, teach them about the information then use the flashcards to give practice on the information you have thought them. Just by teaching them flashcards, they memorize the words or pictures.
For example, if you teach 1+1=2 in a flashcard they just memorize 1+1=2. They don’t think logically that adding 1 to 1 number makes 2.
Read More: Addition worksheets for kindergarten
Different ways of using flashcards
Flashcards can be used for
- questions and answers.
- writing practice.
- to note the key points.
- as a quiz game.
When can flashcards be introduced?
Flashcards can be introduced at the age of 2. Some start introducing at 6 months which is too early for a baby. Let the kid explore the world and learn the things around them. Flashcards will be perfect for toddlers to practice what they have learned. Flashcards increase memorization skills, not communication skills.
Flashcards are one of the widely used teaching tools for all ages. Though it helps in memorization and motor skills in kids’ education, it can be used as a practicing tool. Communication and language skills are also crucial in a kid’s growth which they learn through the things around them.
- Alphabets Flashcards
- Numbers Flashcards
- Tamil Uyir Yeluthukal Flashcards
- Shapes Flashcards
- Weathers Flashcards
- Colors Flashcards
- Fruits Flashcards
CHECK OUT OUR OTHER WORKSHEETS
- Terrestrial Animals Coloring Pages | Free Printable
- Cartoon Characters Coloring Pages | 25 Free Printable
- Rangoli Coloring Pages | Free Printable
- Fruits Coloring Pages | Free Printable
- Pongal Theme | Free Coloring Worksheets
- Playdough Mats – Fun Activity For Kids | Free Printables
- 10 Fun DIY Activity for Shapes and Colors – Free worksheets
- Three Fun Activity Based On Body Parts
- 3 Fun Paper Activity for Kindergarten Kids
- Me and My Family Fun Activity | Free Worksheets
- Fingerprint Activity for Kids – Free Worksheets
- Internal organs fun activity for kindergarten kids
- Tamil Mei Ezhuthukkal | Free worksheets
- Free Printable Birthday Cards For Kids
- Grammar For Class 1 – Naming, Doing, and Describing Words | Free Worksheets
PRACTICE MAKES YOU TO EXCELLENT KEEP PRACTICING