Tamil letters have been divided into – Uyir Ezhuthukkal, Mei Ezhuthukkal. Uyir Ezhuthukkal worksheets have been discussed before. Now we are going to see about the Mei Ezhuthukkal. Let’s see in detail
How Many Letters are there in Mei Ezhuthukkal?
There are 18 letters in Mei Ezhuthukkal. These are the consonants in Tamil alphabets. Mei Ezhuthukkal combines with the Uyir Ezhuthukkal (Vowels) to form meaningful words in Tamil.
How to teach the letters?
Identifying the letters:
Start with one letter for a day. Write all the letters and ask your kid to Identify the particular letter. After practicing the single letters you can go for a sentence or a paragraph. Encourage the kid to identify the Mei Ezhuthukkal from the sentence.
If your kid is familiar with the letters then you can start with the letter tracing. Please check our worksheets for letter tracing.
Arrange the letters in the correct order:
Jumble the 18 letters and ask your kid to arrange the letters in the correct order. You can use the flashcards and make them a game.
Match the words with the pictures:
List some pictures and let the kid match them according to the letters.
Find the missing letter:
Give some words with missing letters. Now encourage the kid to find the missing letters.
Mei Ezhuthukkal worksheets
- Mei Ezhuthukkal flashcards
- Letter tracing worksheets
- Find the missing letter worksheets
- Mei Ezhuthukkal letters
CHECK OUT OUR OTHER WORKSHEETS:
- Tamil Uyir Yeluthukkal Practice | Free Worksheets
- Vowels and Consonants For Kindergarten | Free Worksheets
- Puzzles For kids | Free Animal Theme Worksheets
- Grammar For Class 1 – One and More than One
- Skip Counting For Class 1 – Free worksheets
- Grammar For Class 1 – Naming, Doing, and Describing words | Free Worksheets
- Free Printable Worksheets for CVC Three Letter Words
- English Alphabet Practice | Free Worksheets