Vowels help us to make words. A, E, I, O, and U are called vowels. The rest of the letters of the alphabet are called consonants. There are very few words in English without vowels in them. They can be categorized into short-vowel and long-vowel.
Check out the worksheets below to practice.
Colour the Letters
In the above worksheet, some letters are given. The kid has to find and color the letters a, e, i, o, u in blue and consonants in red.
READ MORE: English Alphabet Practice | Free Worksheets
Find and Circle
In the above worksheet, some letters are given. The kid has to circle the letters a, e, i, o, and u
In the above worksheet twinkle, twinkle little star rhymes are given. The kid has to find and circle the vowels. From this worksheet, the kid can identify the vowels from the words.
In the above worksheets, three-letter words are given. The kid has to find and circle the vowels in each word.
Find the Short Vowels
Short vowels are pronounced with a short sound. For example, in the word CAT, the vowel A is pronounced with a short sound. In the above worksheets, the kid has to identify the picture and write the correct vowel letter.
Check out our other worksheets and activities for kindergarten:
- Puzzles For kids | Free Animal Theme Worksheets
- 10 Fun DIY Activity for Shapes and Colors – Free worksheets
- Quiz On Numbers – Kindergarten kids
- The Significance of Picture Comprehension | Free worksheets
- Quiz on Alphabets – Kindergarten Kids
- Tamil Uyir Yeluthukkal Practice | Free Worksheets
- 3 Fun Paper Activity for Kindergarten Kids
- Numbers Counting 1-10 for Kindergarten | Free Worksheets
- Free Printable Worksheets for CVC Three Letter Words
- Do flashcards work for kids?
- Internal organs fun activity for kindergarten kids
PRACTICE MAKES YOU TO EXCELLENT KEEP PRACTICING