While introducing a new language to kids, it’s better to start with the letters and give them practice. Tamil is one of the ancient languages spoken in India, Tamilnadu. Tamil letters have been divided into two – uyir yeluthukkal, mei yeluthukkal.
Uyir yeluthukkal is the first set of letters in Tamil. Totally there are 12 letters. Uyir means life in English. Yeluthukkal means letters in English. It gave life to the letters. These are the vowels in the Tamil language. Start teaching one by one don’t rush with the letters.
Let’s see the ways to give practice for the 12 letters.
Letter tracing practice – Uyir Yeluthukal
Identifying the letter
After teaching all 12 letters let’s make the child identify them. In the big circle jumble of letters is given. Ask your kid to circle the given specific letter. This makes them identify the letters more easily. They will be familiar with the letters by practicing the letter again and again.
Arrange the letters in the correct order
Match the words with pictures
Words starting with uyir yeluthukkal are given. Match the words with the correct picture.
Find the missing letter
Words starting from uyir yeluthukkal are given. The appropriate picture is provided for the kid to identify quickly. Ask your child to fill in the missing letters.
CHECK OUT OUR OTHER WORKSHEETS AND ACTIVITIES
- Does The Word Search Game Help Children to Learn?
- Addition for Class 1 | Free Worksheets
- Subtraction for Class1 | Free Worksheets
- Grammar For Class 1 – Naming, Doing, and Describing words | Free Worksheets
- EVS For Class 1 Revision – Part 1
- Skip Counting For Class 1 – Free Worksheets
- Tamil Mei Ezhuthukkal | Free worksheets
- Months and Weeks in Tamil
- Free Printable Birthday Cards For Kids
- How to Introduce Writing to Toddlers
- How to Improve kid’s Spelling Mistakes
PRACTICE MAKES YOU TO EXCELLENT KEEP PRACTICING