What are CVC three-letter words? CVC is the short form of consonant-vowels-consonant. You can start teaching your child vowels after you have practiced the phonic sound for all 26 alphabets. Check our free printable worksheets for practicing vowels. For CVC words, the vowel letters a, e, i, o, and u are present at the center. The word will start from the consonant and end with a consonant letter.
Practice for CVC three-letter words
The simplest approach to start teaching your kid to read is to teach them CVC words. Reading and writing CVC words are the two important skills for beginning readers to master. Hence you can give practice to kids in the following ways.
Read More: Do flashcards work for kids?
Identifying the objects
Ask your kid to identify the name of the objects. If a car picture is given kid should identify the picture and write the letters C, A, and R correctly. Practice by giving lots of pictures to identify the object.
Find the first sound
If a “cat” picture is given the kid should find the first sound C correctly. Practice this worksheet by giving different objects.
Find the last sound
If a “cat” picture is given the kid should find the last sound T correctly. Practice this worksheet by giving different objects.
Find the correct words
For the given picture a jumble of words will be given. The kid finds the correct words from the given jumbled words. Regular practice makes the work easy.
Read More: English Alphabet Practice | Free Worksheets
Match the pictures
Match the pictures with the given correct word. Undoubtedly matching is kids’ all-time favorite worksheet. They will enjoy this worksheet while doing it.
Kids can identify the picture and finds the missing letter. Regular practice is needed.
- Find the first sound
- Find the last sound
- Match the picture
- Identify the object
- Match the words
- Find the missing letter
CHECK OUT OUR OTHER WORKSHEETS
- Free Printable Birthday Cards For Kids
- How to Introduce Writing to Toddlers
- Grammar for Class 1 – A, An, The (Articles) | Free Worksheets
- Grammar For Class 1 – One and More than One
- Vowels and Consonants For Kindergarten | Free Worksheets
- Grammar For Class1 – Is, Are, Am, ing | Free Worksheets
- 10 Fun DIY Activity for Shapes and Colors – Free worksheets
- Grammar For Class1 – HE, She, I, You, It
- Puzzles For kids | Free Animal Theme Worksheets
- Grammar For Class 1 – Naming, Doing, and Describing words | Free Worksheets
- Skip Counting For Class 1 – Free Worksheets
- Measurement For Class1 | Free Worksheets
- Time For Class 1 | Free Worksheets
- Tamil Uyir Yeluthukkal Practice | Free Worksheets
- Comparison Of Numbers | Free Worksheets
PRACTICE MAKES YOU TO EXCELLENT KEEP PRACTICING